Wren's 2.0 Game
Sometimes the earth opens up to reveal something that should not be there. These ‘fissures’ are openings to other dimensions that temporarily exist. Looking into one, you would see another dimension, such as a ruined world of nightmarish landscape or something bizarre such as an ancient aqueduct system suspended in an airy vacuum. There are some fissure openings that are documented in history and lore.
- The Aqueducts: Upon an airy vacuum lies a maze of aqueducts said to be miles and miles high. No one has documented what lies beneath.
- Haunted Forest: This fissure is said to team with terrifying mutated nightlife, and always said to exist in a moonlit night.
- Ruined Nation: No one knows anything about this nation that fell. The only thing certain is the undead that cover the streets and countryside in this land are caught in an eternal lunar eclipse.
- Lake of Tranquility: A lake with still waters anyone can walk on, this tranquil lake seems to stretch for eternity, all the while the only thing in the horizon is a moon dangerously close to the world, providing bright moonlight.
- Glowing Caves: This fissure is a series of caves covered in glowing moss and mushrooms, while other caves in the network lead to underground seas of glowing algae. Its said ancient evils sleep beneath.
Proficiency in local history and ancient history reveal many details to their timeline in history. Survival and agriculture reveal how people have dealt with them.
Sometimes these fissures open up, like a festering wound on the world and continue to spread open at a rate of several dozen yards a day. Only by entering such fissures and slaying whatever is holding open the tear in the earth can the land heal. The ‘things’ that hold the fissures together tend to be powerful creatures, some fierce while others immobile such as some ancient root or infernal pulsing organ.